Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Rundown

Hello. My name is Momo, or at least that is one of my nicknames and it is the name I am putting here. Sorry, privacy online is kind of a big deal. Let’s see. I am 23 years old, I am female, and I am a college student. When I can get my hands on a job it is usually temporary or contract work, so no official job title as yet, though I have aspirations to teach and write.

So here is the story. When I was a kid, smaller kid than I am right now, my family moved around from place to place. My mother is something of a gypsy. I loved the life, the never living in one place for too long. Then I grew up (by grow up I mean taller) and went away to college. I have lived in the same town for five years now and I am practically itching to get a move on again. In five years I have lived in three apartments. My lease ends soon and I have decided to make my home on the road. I used to drive a tiny two door Hyundai, but my mechanic told me the engine had to be rebuilt or replaced, which would have cost more than buying a new car. So, I scraped together some cash, thanks Mom and Dad, and bought a brand new (new to me) minivan. I am trying desperately to finish the inside of it with insulation, floor, walls, and ceiling, organize a massive garage sale, and move out of my apartment by November 1st. It is a race to the deadline. I am also completely booked up for the final weekend in October, so the next two weekends are it.

Here is the schedule:

This Week:
Clean out storage
Gather all garage sale stuff in one place in the house
Clean my closet
Borrow power saw
Purchase frame and rib materials

This weekend:
Put in the frame and ribs
Wash and organize all garage sale materials
Call to borrow racks and tables for the garage sale
Print and hang flyers for the garage sale

Next Week:
Price all garage sale stuff
Organize and begin packing my stuff
Select storage building and start paper work
Price and begin purchasing insulation materials

Next Weekend:
Garage Sale!!!
Install insulation, walls, floor, and ceiling

Final Week before Eviction:
Get storage room
Move into storage room
Move into van with the cat
Help my roommate move into her new apartment
Clean out the apartment
Turn off utilities
Find a cat sitter for the weekend

Final Weekend:
Party!!!!!


Okay, that is all. Hopefully I can incorporate some costumes and midterm preparation in there somewhere. Crazy and way too fast paced I know, but fun. When I know something is right for me I don’t wait, I just push ahead until I get it. There is a slim chance that I have an extra month, which would be awesome, but the chances are slim. Wish me luck.

1 comment: